The three-coordinate measuring instrument is composed of a measuring machine host, a control system, a probe head system, and a computer. The control cabinet of the cuboid that we have to open every time we turn on the machine is the control system of the CMM. The following introduces the main functions of the CMM control system:
1. Control and drive the movement of the three-coordinate measuring instrument, and control the three-axis synchronization, speed and acceleration, so that each axis of the three-coordinate measuring instrument can move accurately and smoothly;
2. After the probe is triggered, data acquisition is performed on the transmitted trigger signal, and the grating reading is processed;
3. According to the compensation file, 21 error compensations are performed on the CMM to ensure the measurement accuracy;
4. Collect temperature data to compensate the error of the CMM due to temperature deviation;
5. Detect the working state of the CMM, and take protective measures when an abnormal phenomenon occurs.
It can be said that the control system is the control center of the CMM and the communication medium between the measuring machine and the computer software.